Heating and Cooling Portland Homes Since 1981
Is your home too hot in the summer or freezing in the winter? Call The Heating Specialist – we’ll get your family comfy in no time. Our heating and cooling solutions will meet your needs, lifestyle, and budget. From customized installation to preventative maintenance to repairs, our HVAC technicians are trained to provide you with the best solutions in comfort, efficiency, and affordability.
Residential HVAC system experts:
- Air conditioning: Stay cool during Portland’s increasingly hot summers! Our techs can install a new central air system or repair the one you’ve got. We service and repair all major brands with our detailed 22-point AC tune-up to keep your home cool all summer. No matter if you’re concerned about your energy bills or you have a specific cooling concern, our techs will find the best solution for your family.
- Ductless heat pumps: One system to heat and cool that is perfect for Oregon’s mild climate We love Daikin’s Ductless Mini Split Heat Pumps. These ductless systems can efficiently and affordably heat and cool entire homes or additions, ADUs, and converted garages. If your home has expensive inefficient baseboard heat or a very old heating/cooling system, a ductless heat pump will save you money and energy. An additional bonus is you can customize your comfort by room.
- Heat pumps: Connected to your home’s ductwork, heat pumps warm and cool quietly and affordably. Since they transfer air instead of directly heating or cooling it, they are much more efficient than other systems and it’s easier to maintain one system instead of two! Plus, they offer effective humidity control.
- Furnaces: Your family needs reliable, efficient warmth, even in the Portland area’s mild climate! Contact us for repairs or tune-ups or when you need to install a new furnace. Our pros can work on all major brand electric or gas furnaces.
- Radiant floor heating: Enjoy toasty toes and a constant, even warmth throughout your home. For a comfortable heating alternative, consider a radiant floor heating system for efficient, flexible heating. They use warm water circulated through tubing in the floor, which is far more efficient than forced air. Perfect for retrofits and new builds.
- Boilers: If you’re looking for a new heating system, consider a boiler. Today’s boilers are incredibly energy efficient, as they use circulated hot water or steam to heat a home. With their fast, even heating, boilers are a great option, especially since they humidify the air during the winter.
- Tankless water heaters: Run out of hot water mid-shower? Contact us for repairs and replacements of tankless hot water heaters. We’ll find the most affordable, efficient, and reliable system to meet your needs.
- Air handlers: Give your home a steady flow of air with an air handler. With variable-speed motors, they are a great addition to your furnace or air conditioner. Not only are they energy-efficient, but they help remove allergens and pollutants that might be inside your home’s air.
Recommended top HVAC Systems
Daikin’s Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump is an efficient and affordable system to heat and cool your home. Bonus: they are made in the USA.
Ruud: For over 100 years, Ruud has been manufacturing high-quality air conditioners, furnaces, and water heaters.
Navien: Advanced and innovative high-efficiency tankless water heaters, boilers, and combi-boilers for your home’s needs.
Weil-McLain: The leading hydronic heating manufacture since 1881 manufactures high-efficiency boilers and indirect fired hot water heaters.
From customized installation to maintenance and repairs, we provide you with the best option for comfort, efficiency, and budget.
We supply trustworthy mechanical and design services to local businesses, including offices, warehouses, retail, and multifamily units.
Enhanced comfort, economy, and flexibility — providing constant, even warmth throughout your home.
CHOOSE THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS
Ready to Get Started?
Why choose The Heating Specialist?
The Heating Specialist, a full-service family-owned HVAC company, has been working with homeowners and families in the Portland metro since 1981. Our committed team of NATE certified technicians strives to find the best solution for each customer. That’s why we have thousands of satisfied customers who trust us with their home’s comfort year after year. Contact us today and see how we can help you!
Why Choose The Heating Specialist?
Emergency Service Available
We’re here for you
40 Years Experience
Servicing the Portland Area since 1981
Satisfaction Comes First
Consistently exceeding expectations