Ductless Heat Pumps in Portland, Oregon
Enjoy Efficient Comfort in Any Room
Seeking a heating and cooling solution for your home? The Heating Specialist provides expert and reliable installation, repair, and maintenance of ductless heat pumps (also called mini-splits). You’ll love the customized comfort that ductless systems provide, whether you’re looking to heat and cool a whole house, a home addition, or a separate living space. Today’s mini-splits are quiet, efficient, and unobtrusive. Contact the experts at The Heating Specialist for a complimentary quote and find out if ductless heat pumps are right for you!
What is a Ductless Heat Pump?
A ductless heat pump (also called a ductless mini-split heat pump, mini-split, and zoned HVAC) is a system that can heat and cool a space. Like ducted heat pumps, these systems don’t generate heat or cool air, they simply transfer the air between a house and the outside. Unlike ducted heat pumps, ductless heat pumps don’t need – you guessed it – ducts! So these systems are perfect for homes that use inefficient baseboard heating and don’t have ductwork, as well as:
- Home additions
- Rooms that aren’t regularly occupied
- A home where the current heating system is expensive or inefficient
How do Ductless Heat Pumps Work?
Like we mentioned, ductless mini-splits transfer heat from the outdoors to the indoors (and vice versa) to get a home to the set temperature. An outdoor unit is connected to at least one indoor unit. The indoor units, which are mounted on a wall or ceiling, are connected to the outdoor unit through a simple refrigerant line. Heat is transferred using a vapor compression refrigerant cycle. When the heating component is on, outside heat is collected and circulated indoors. When the cooling component is on, the opposite occurs. The conditioned air is emitted directly from the indoor unit. A remote control is used to set the temperatures of each indoor unit. If more than one is used, they can be controlled independently for the most customized in zoned comfort.
What are the Benefits of a Ductless Mini-Split?
There are so many benefits! One of the most significant benefits is that they can be easily installed in practically any scenario. Since they don’t need expensive (and inefficient!) ductwork, ductless systems can bring affordable heating and cooling to any type of living situation. Plus, homes without ductwork are likely using expensive radiator or baseboard heat so homeowners may see a significant decrease in their heating bills. Benefits of using a ductless heat pump include:
- Cost savings – Ductless mini-splits are easier to install than other types of systems. Plus, they’re typically less expensive to both purchase and install. Not to mention that there are often cash incentives available from the Energy Trust of Oregon.
- Energy savings – Ductwork is a major source of energy loss, especially if leaky or uninsulated. Since mini-splits don’t use ducts, homeowners avoid this energy loss. Enjoy a comfortable home with lowered energy costs. In fact, estimates indicate that mini-splits can save 30% compared to other HVAC systems.
- Reduce carbon emissions – Thanks to the energy efficiency of ductless heat pumps, you’ll be reducing your carbon footprint, too. As more of us attempt to reduce our impact, installing a mini-split is just one more way to increase sustainability.
- Increased home comfort – Customize the temperature in different rooms of your home with a ductless system. The ability to adjust temperature by room, floor, and area is a huge perk of ductless heat pumps. Keep everyone in your family comfy and happy.
CHOOSE THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS
Ready to get started?
Full-service Ductless Heat Pump Solutions in Portland, OR
Whether your existing ductless mini-split needs a tune-up or repair, or you’re thinking about installing a new system in your home, The Heating Specialist will ensure your family is comfortable and your energy bills are affordable. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to your mini-split concerns. Not only are we trained in most brands, models, and makes, but we offer emergency repair, routine preventative maintenance, and full installs. Call us today and learn why we’ve been in business since 1981.
Why choose The Heating Specialist?
Emergency Service Available
We’re here for you
40 Years Experience
Servicing the Portland Area since 1981
Satisfaction Comes First
Consistently exceeding expectations