Furnace Installation and Repair in the Portland Metro Area

Stay Warm All Winter Long

The Pacific Northwest may have a mild climate but that doesn’t mean you can forgo heat in the winter! At The Heating Specialist, our top priority is to keep your family warm with a reliable heating system that is affordable and energy-efficient. Our team of friendly HVAC experts will assess your situation and provide trustworthy, budget-friendly recommendations, whether you need a repair a new furnace or an alternative heating system installed. Call us today for a complimentary home heating estimate. We service homes and businesses in the Portland area, including Gresham, Beaverton, Happy Valley, and Vancouver, WA.


Furnace efficiency is measured in something called Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). This rating measures how efficiently the furnace converts fuel energy to heat over a typical year. All furnaces have a rating so consumers can easily compare. An AFUE of 90%, for example, means that 90% of the energy used becomes usable heat and the remaining 10% escapes.
An outdated system might have an AFUE of 55-70%. A mid-efficiency system can have around 80% AFUE and a high-efficiency system can range from 90-98%. The right level of efficiency for you depends on many factors, such as:

  • Upfront budget
  • Ongoing budget for utility expenses
  • How long you’re planning on staying in your home
  • Location of furnace within the home

If you’re not sure of the best efficiency for your home, contact our experts for an assessment of your needs.

Furnace Installation

When you need a new furnace, you want to feel confident in your decision. That’s where we come in! The Heating Specialist team prides itself on providing you with the information you need to make the right decision for your home and family. We offer a selection of top brands including Daikin and Ruud, as well as models with different Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) ratings to meet your needs. Additionally, we offer special financing that makes purchasing a new furnace affordable and easy.

Furnace Repair Service Throughout Portland

The bad news: your furnace is out. The good news: furnace repair help is right around the corner. When it comes to unexpected times like these, it’s good to know there’s dependable service like The Heating Specialist on your side. So pick up the phone – anytime, day or night – and call us for emergency service. If your furnace heating equipment fails overnight, on the weekend, or on a holiday, you can count on us to provide fast, effective, and economical solutions. We’ve been keeping our valued customers warm and toasty since 1981.

As a homeowner, you may never know when the furnace could be on its last leg. That’s why it’s incredibly important you have a reliable team of experts on your side, ready to answer any questions and provide real-time solutions with affordable options to boot. With The Heating Specialist, you can depend on just that and more. In addition, we are well versed in all furnace brands, makes, and models.

Signs Your Furnace May Need a Tune-Up

In our busy lives, it can be easy to skip a maintenance check here and there. But we encourage our customers to schedule regular tune-ups. Not only do tune-ups prevent major (and costly!) repairs down the road, but maintenance keeps your system running efficiently and comfortably.

Contact us to check out your furnace if you experience any of the following:

  • Uneven heating
  • Abnormally high energy bills
  • House not reaching the set temperature
  • Strange noises or smells


Ready to get started?

The Heating Specialist will warm up your home!

From furnace installations to repair, the pros at The Heating Specialist will make sure you stay warm this winter. Contact us for a full system assessment or guidance on the best new energy-efficient system to install. We employ a holistic approach to our recommendations because we want your new system to meet all your comfort and budget needs. Learn why families around Portland have trusted us for 40 years!

The best brands, the best equipment, and professional, clean installation


Quiet and efficient models to help you save on your bill.

Air Conditioners

Our area is getting warmer, and air conditioning is becoming a necessity rather than a luxury.

Water Heaters

A range of options is available to meet the needs particular to the size of your house, family, and budget.

Ductless Heat Pumps

Easy to install, inexpensive to run, a ductless unit quickly helps balance the temperature in your home.